Pomegranate Hibiscus Mocktail
Happy New Year and Happy Dry January!
If you are still looking for a new year’s resolution to follow maybe consider participating in Dry January. 35% of Americans gave up alcohol for the entire month of January last year, and I’m guessing a lot more people will participate this year.
We know there are many health benefits to skipping booze for a month- people report they sleep better, feel more energized, experience weight loss, and even reported better looking skin. If you are one of those people that have decided to go booze free this month- you might be looking for a drink you can have enjoy during happy hour.
And today I am excited to share with you one of my favorite mocktail recipes Pomegranate Hibiscus Mocktail, shared courtesy of POM Wonderful. Not only is it delicious its also nutritious and here’s why:
My main ingredient that I’m using is POM Wonderful 100% pomegranate juice! There are 700 mg of polyphenol antioxidants in a 8 ounce serving and it has more antioxidant potency than red wine, concord grape juice or green tea.
What You’ll Need to Make the Mocktail
- POM Wonderful 100 percent pomegranate juice
- Hibiscus tea
- Ginger sparkling water, or ginger beer
- Fresh ginger
- Fresh mint leaves
- Fresh rosemary
- Fresh thyme
- POM pomegranate arils
- Small sauce pan
- Mason jar
Nutrition Breakdown of the Pomegranate Hibiscus Mocktail
- Pomegranate Juice: There are 700 mg of polyphenol antioxidants in a 8 ounce serving and it has more antioxidant potency than red wine, concord grape juice or green tea. One 8-oz serving of pomegranate juice has as much potassium as one banana. POM Wonderful has tested its pomegranate juice antioxidants during cooking and results show their level remains stable even after simmering for two hours. So it’s safe to cook with and you don’t lose those powerful good-for-you antioxidants!
- Hibiscus tea: great source of vitamin C
- Ginger: ginger can helps relieve nausea, upset stomach or ingestion!
- Fresh herbs: packed with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Pomegranate Hibiscus Mocktail
- 1 saucepan
- 2 glasses
- 1 muddler
- 1 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp hibiscus tea or tea bags
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 ginger sliced
- 1 cup ice
- 4 mint leaves
- 4 thyme leaves
- 4 rosemary leaves
- 2 cups sparkling water, ginger flavored or ginger beer
- 4 edible flowers optional
- In a small sauce pan, bring pomegranate juice, water, and hibiscus tea to a simmer.
- Remove from heat, and let steep for 10-15 minutes. Remove tea bags and let cool in fridge.
- Add ginger slices, fresh herbs to each glass. Muddle together for 30 seconds. Add 1/4 cup of pomegranate seeds and 1/2 cup of ice cubes to each glass.
- Add cooled pomegranate hibiscus tea, sparking water and additional pomegranate juice to each glass.
- Top with edible flower, if using.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
The Jennifer Aniston Bulgur Salad Recipe