Tired of peanut butter or almond butter, how about you give pistachio butter a try! All you’ll need is one ingredient. You can serve up your pistachio butter with your favorite sliced up fruits, veggies, and whole grain crackers. It’s another great way to get your family and friends to enjoy and eat more veggies! Spread it on a whole wheat waffle at breakfast or stir a spoon of it into your next smoothie bowl. You could even use this butter to make a healthy butter boards you may have seen all over social media!
What You’ll Need to Make Pistachio Butter
- A bag of pistachios, I used Wonderful Pistachios, No Shells, Roasted and Lightly Salted
- Avocado oil, optional
Equipment You’ll Need
- Food processor or high speed blender. I love Ninja brand products, but any brand should work!
- Pistachios: Pistachios are one of the highest protein snack nuts, they contain 6 grams of plant protein per serving and 3 grams of dietary fiber. Pistachios provides all nine essential amino acids, making them a complete protein! Pistachios are also a heart healthy snack, as about 90% of the fats found in pistachios are unsaturated. Wonderful Pistachios also come in a bunch of fun flavors to keep better for you snacking interesting: Chili Roasted, Sea Salt & Vinegar, Honey Roasted and BBQ!
- Avocado Oil: this is an optional ingredient but makes for a smoother nut butter. Avocado is a pretty neutral tasting oil, which you can’t taste in the nut butter. It also contains monounsaturated fats, which are heart healthy fats!
How To Make Pistachio Butter
- Add your favorite bags of no-shells pistachios to a food processor and let blend for a few minutes until smooth. Add avocado oil, if using.
Whip up this heart healthy pistachio butter!
Servings: 10 people
- 1 Food processor
- 2 cups no-shell pistachios, roasted and salted
- Place pistachios into food processor, along with avocado oil, if using. Blend until smooth about 5-7 minutes. Scrap down bowl as needed.
- Transfer pistachio butter into serving bowl.
- Place sliced up fruits and veggies around and enjoy!
Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 0.2mg | Potassium: 252mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 102IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg
Other Recipes You’ll Love
Healthy Edible Cookie Dough For Two!