Nourish Your Heart
A Heart Healthy Group Coaching Program
Have you ever thought...
- What should I eat to lower my blood pressure?
- Do I need to follow a certain diet or avoid certain foods since I have high cholesterol?
- I’m tired of being on all my medications. I really want to come off some of them and learn what I need to do to start lowering my cholesterol and blood pressure without the use of meds!
- I’m tired of always going on diets, losing the weight, but then gaining it all back. I’m ready to start a non-diet approach that can still help me lose weight, lower my numbers and come off medication and allow me to still eat my favorite foods!
The Nourish Your Heart group coaching program teaches YOU exactly how to take control over your own blood pressure and cholesterol by teaching you what foods to eat without ever asking you to give up your favorite ones!
What you will learn…
- What your numbers really mean and how to get your cholesterol, triglycerides, and blood pressure back into normal range
- The science behind a heart healthy eating plan and lifestyle
- How to eat to fuel your body, nourish your heart and not give up your favorite foods!
- The keys to long term success
- And much more, all with the support of a small group of people just like YOU!
What you’ll get:
- One 60-minute initial visit with the Dietitian to address your individual needs and provide you with personalized recommendations
- Two 30-minute visits with the Dietitian to provide on-going individualized support
- Six 60-minute group classes held on every other Friday at 12:00pm PST via ZOOM
- Access to the Nourish Your Heart Program materials including: A guide to eating out in Las Vegas, a detailed grocery shopping list, a e-cookbook chockfull of drool worthy recipes, sample meal plans, and much more!
- Access to the private Facebook community just for members of your small group!
- Unlimited access to the Dietitian via email
Class 1: You will learn what your numbers really mean, how to interpret your own lab values and cover the basics of nutrition.
Class 2: We will discuss carbs, proteins, fats, fiber, how to build a healthy meal and discuss fad vs. healthy diets.
Class 3: Virtual grocery store! Learn how to shop smart, how to read a food label and understand what those buzz words mean.
Class 4: Live Cooking Class! Time to get in the kitchen and start cooking some delicious meals!
Class 5: We will discuss lifestyle factors, the science behind how they do or don’t impact your numbers, and identify steps to create long lasting change to your health!
Class 6: Learn how to meal prep in minutes, stick to a budget while shopping and while still being able to enjoy eating your favorite foods!
First class starts Friday March 5th at 12pm!
FAQ for the Nourish Your Heart Program
○ This program is especially designed for those who have been diagnosed with high cholesterol, high triglyceride levels, and/or high blood pressure. This program will teach you how to make heart healthy changes to your meals and lifestyle
This program is not for those who are looking for a quick fix or diet. If you follow a restrictive diet or have multiple special dietary needs, or for those who don’t enjoy a group learning environment.
This program is 12 weeks (3 months long) with bi-weekly LIVE group coaching calls to be conducted on ZOOM on Fridays at 12-1pm. Live on the following dates:
o Friday March 5th, Friday March 19th,
o Friday April 9th, Friday April 23rd
o Friday May 7th, Friday May 21st
During the program, I offer additional one-on-one appointments, a Facebook group community where you can interact with your peers throughout the program and access to Roxana via unlimited emailing throughout the entire course.
There’s a lot of material to be covered and I don’t want to overload you with too much information at once. Each session has a special topic, and each will gear you towards making heart healthy changes.
That’s okay! You can sign up for additional one-on-one support with me at any time throughout the program and after the program too!
There is no guarantee offered by this program – in terms of cholesterol levels, blood pressure changing, or losing weight. That is dependent upon you and your participation and willingness to change! However, this program is designed to set you up to achieve your health and wellness goals. You will receive support throughout the class and individually to be healthier. The information presented in the class has been extensively researched and countless studies have shown that adhering to these guidelines, adhering to the eating patterns and regular physical activity, recommended by the Dietary Guidelines of America, the American Heart Association, and the American College of Cardiology will improve your blood work and your overall health.
If you can’t attend a session, I will provide you course materials and recording of the ZOOM session.
You will have access to the material for the rest of your life! I will email out the Nourish Your Heart course materials prior to each class.
Here are a few past testimonials from clients:
■ During our hour-long meeting Roxana asked lots of questions about my diet, overall health, lifestyle, and priorities. She made recommendations about healthy food options, seasoning food without salt, reading food labels, portion control and being mindful of hidden sodium/sugar in processed foods. She also discussed my new exercise regime. We also took a tour of the store on one of my follow up visits, so she could point out some suggested food/brands. Roxana was extremely supportive and answered all of my questions thoroughly and clearly. I left the meeting feeling empowered to make the necessary changes to improve my life. Over the past few months, I’ve meet with Roxana to help lower blood pressure and just the other week to discuss my progress. We also exchanged emails over the months. Since my doctor’s appointment, I have lost over 50 pounds and reduced my blood pressure from 145/90 to 127/74 points. Having Roxana’s support was a big help in getting me and keeping me on the right track. She is a valuable asset and a nice person as well.
■ I was taken on a store tour by Roxana for diabetic education. I learned so much about what to eat and what to beware of being a Type 2 diabetic. Roxana was patient and answered all of my questions and concerns. She gave an extremely informative and excellent tour. It was obvious she was very well trained in diabetic concerns in what to eat!
■ She was very knowledgeable and caring. I would highly recommend her. Roxana went above and beyond to make sure all our questions were answered and that all my goals were met.
■ Roxana provided me with important information about food labels that made it easy for me to understand. She also provided me with basic carb counting tools. In my opinion, Roxana was very knowledgeable about the subjects that we discussed, and I am looking forward to a follow up visit. I am extremely excited about her services and I will recommend them to my family and co-workers.
■ Roxana is a wonderful dietitian. I was referred to her from my coworker who works with senior citizens. Although I am not a senior citizen, Roxana has done many classes for this group, and the group leader thought I should give her a try. On my very first visit I was very impressed. Roxana is very knowledgeable of food and gave me great tips. She was patient with me and set small goals that I could achieve. With time, I have learned what food options are best and how to mitigate junk food cravings. I could not have done this lifestyle change without her. I have referred her to others.
We cover a lot of material! I promise you will learn something new. We cover the basics of high cholesterol, high triglycerides, and high blood pressure. We talk about nutrition A LOT. I provide a virtual grocery store tour, and I will be giving a cooking demonstration. We also talk about other lifestyle factors that could affect your heart health, and then we talk about how to eat heart healthy on a budget and how to eat heart healthy while eating out.
Nourish Your Heart Program cost with insurance coverage: $150/month (Total of $450, in the event your insurance covers your initial visit, 2 follow up visits and 6 classes in full)*
Nourish Your Heart Program Upfront Program cost: $275/month (Total of $825)
You have the option to pay in full or pay monthly. If you opt to pay monthly you will be charged on the 5thof every month, March 5th, April 5th, May 5th. A credit card is required to be kept on file for all participants. I do accept HSA and FSA cards.
- If you opt to use your insurance plan, your insurance may cover the cost of the initial visit, two follow up visits and six group classes. I am in-network with: Aetna, Anthem BlueCross BlueShield, Cigna and GEHA. However, every insurance plan is different, some may only cover the cost of the 1:1 visits and not the rest. Please call your insurance plan to learn more about your plan and benefits they will cover.
- Click here to download a list of recommended questions to ask your insurance company.
- Insurance does not cover the cost of all the extra services you are provided with along the way including: worksheets, handouts, access to PowerPoints, detailed grocery shopping list, dietitian created and approved heart healthy e-cookbook, unlimited email access (during business hours) to Roxana throughout the program, Members only access to Roxana’s closed Nourish Your Heart Facebook page so you can connect with other Nourish your Heart participants who are also in the program!
No! I promise you won’t want a refund. This will be a great investment in your health.