Mango Nice Cream
Craving a bowl of ice cream? Give this healthy option a try! Bite into this creamy, smooth deliciously nutritious two-ingredient bowl of mango nice cream! It tastes just like eating mango ice cream and ONLY contains 100% fruit, nothing more. Fruit is one of the most nutritious foods you could eat. This bowl is loaded with vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber and antioxidants AND it can be ready in under just 1 minute. Plus, its allergen-friendly: gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free and gluten-free.
What You’ll Need To Make It
1 Banana and 2 Mangos- that’s it!
- Both bananas and mangos are nutritional dense, meaning loaded with good-for-you nutrients! They both are excellent sources of potassium and magnesium, two important electrolytes needed for healthy muscle function and support overall heart health. They both also contain a few grams of dietary fiber, which helps keep your blood sugar stable, can help lower your cholesterol, and supports your gut health too!
- When you freeze a banana or a mango and throw it into a blender, its has the same creamy consistency as soft serve ice cream! They both not only add creaminess but also add thickness too! So I always have a few frozen mangos and bananas in my freezer to add smoothies, smoothie bowls, or to make my next bowl of mango nice cream. So next time your bananas get too ripe, instead of making banana bread, throw them into a freezer bag instead.
- You can use any variety of mangos for this recipe. I used champagne mangos, since I can always count on them to be sweet and tart! Mangos are usually in season and taste best during late spring and throughout summer season! Check out all the varieties of mangos here. Mangos are also an excellent source of vitamin C, which helps support your immune system and keeps it strong and healthy.
- A food processor or high speed blender
How To Make the Mango Nice Cream
- Peel and cut your banana and mangos
- Add cut up fruit to a freezer bag & freeze
- Once frozen, for at least two hours, add to your blender and blend until creamy and smooth!
Variations of Mango Nice Cream
- This recipe is very versatile, frozen bananas and mangos have a really nice consistency when frozen, but you could pretty much use any other fruit instead of mangos.
- Try frozen peaches, strawberries, pineapple, persimmon, or cherries. Whatever you have in your fridge or on your counter top!
- Add greek yogurt, will add protein and even more creamy flavor to this nice cream.
- If you are looking to beef up the protein content, try adding cottage cheese, protein powder, or collagen powder.
- Or add chia seeds or flax seeds to add a healthy dose of omega-3 anti-inflammatory fats!
- You could even healthy edible cookie dough bites to make it into a chocolate chip cookie dough nice cream bowl.
How to Store It
- It’s best to eat it right away, or can put back in the freezer to eat the rest at a another time
Other Recipes You’ll Love
Mango Nice Cream
- 1 Blender or food processor
- 1 banana
- 2 mangos
- Peel and slice up your fruit
- Add to freezer safe bag, and freeze for at least 2 hours
- Add fruit to high speed blender or food processor, and blend until is smooth
- Enjoy before it melt!