Are you ever craving cookie dough but don’t want to go through the whole process of pulling out all your baking supplies to make it? I got you covered! This small batch chocolate chip cookie dough recipe can be whipped together in minutes PLUS its loaded with nutritious ingredients!
What You’ll Need
- Instant Oats– I’m using a generic barrel of quick cooking oatmeal. The oats in this recipe is providing you dietary fiber, a nutrient that will keep you full for longer!
- Honey– giving you some sweetness.
- Cashew Butter– is providing you with a dose of healthy fat and a few grams of protein. I used this Cashew Butter.
- Vanilla extract– for flavor!
- Dark Chocolate Chips– I love using Guittard Extra Dark Chocolate Chips. Dark chocolate contains antioxidant-rich flavonoids, which can help ward off disease!
- A food processor or high speed blender
How to Make It
- Measure out 1/4 to 1/2 cup of oats
- Add the oats your food processor or blender
- Blend for at least 2-3 minutes until it turns into a flour consistency.
- Measure out 2 tablespoons and save the rest for when you make this recipe again tomorrow 😉
- Pour out the oats in a medium sized bowl or plate
- Add the cashew butter, honey, vanilla extract and mix
- Then add your dark chocolate chips!
- Grab a spoon and dig in!
- For anyone with allergies, this recipe is eggless, and gluten-free! (Remember to check your oats to make sure they are gluten-free if you have celiac disease.)
- Use any other nut-based butter like almond butter, sunflower seed butter, peanut butter or soy butter in place of the cashew butter in this recipe.
- Use any other liquid sweetener like maple syrup or agave nectar in place of honey.
- Chop up a chocolate bar if you don’t have chocolate chips at home.
- You could “bake” the finished cookie dough in the microwave for 30 seconds until the chocolate melts too and enjoy a warm cookie dough too!
- You could roll them into balls if you’d like and make mini cookie dough bites instead.
How to store
Cookie dough stays good in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
Cookie dough blizzard for one
Chocolate cherry nice cream
Chocolate dipped cookie dough truffles
Healthy Edible Cookie Dough
- 1 Food processor or blender
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 2 tbsp oatmeal quick cooking
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp chocolate chips dark
- 1 pinch salt
- Add the oats to the food processor or blender and pulse for 2-3 minutes until it reaches the consistency of flour.
- Measure out 2 tablespoons of the floured oats. Add to a small bowl.
- Add the cashew butter, honey, vanilla extract and salt.
- Mix all together, then add the chocolate chips and mix again.
- Grab a spoon and enjoy!