Are you ever craving cookie dough but don’t want to go through the whole process of pulling out all your baking supplies to make it? I got you covered! This small batch chocolate chip cookie dough recipe can be whipped together in minutes PLUS its loaded with nutritious ingredients!
What You’ll Need to Make Healthy Edible Cookie Dough
- Instant Oats– I’m using a generic barrel of quick cooking oatmeal. The oats in this recipe is providing you dietary fiber, a nutrient that will keep you full for longer!
- Honey– giving you some sweetness.
- Cashew Butter– is providing you with a dose of healthy fat and a few grams of protein. I used this Cashew Butter.
- Vanilla extract– for flavor!
- Dark Chocolate Chips– I love using Guittard Extra Dark Chocolate Chips. Dark chocolate contains antioxidant-rich flavonoids, which can help ward off disease!
- A food processor or high speed blender
How to Make It
- Measure out 1/4 to 1/2 cup of oats
- Add the oats your food processor or blender
- Blend for at least 2-3 minutes until it turns into a flour consistency.
- Measure out 2 tablespoons and save the rest for when you make this recipe again tomorrow 😉
- Pour out the oats in a medium sized bowl or plate
- Add the cashew butter, honey, vanilla extract and mix
- Then add your dark chocolate chips!
- Grab a spoon and dig in!
- For anyone with allergies, this recipe is eggless, and gluten-free! (Remember to check your oats to make sure they are gluten-free if you have celiac disease.)
- Use any other nut-based butter like almond butter, sunflower seed butter, peanut butter or soy butter in place of the cashew butter in this recipe.
- Use any other liquid sweetener like maple syrup or agave nectar in place of honey.
- Chop up a chocolate bar if you don’t have chocolate chips at home.
- You could “bake” the finished cookie dough in the microwave for 30 seconds until the chocolate melts too and enjoy a warm cookie dough too!
- You could roll them into balls if you’d like and make mini cookie dough bites instead.
How to store edible cookie dough
Cookie dough stays good in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
Cookie dough blizzard for one
Chocolate cherry nice cream
Chocolate dipped cookie dough truffles
Healthy Edible Cookie Dough For Two!
- 1 Food processor or blender
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 2 tbsp oatmeal quick cooking
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips dark
- 1 pinch salt
- Add the oats to the food processor or blender and pulse for 2-3 minutes until it reaches the consistency of flour.
- Measure out 2 tablespoons of the floured oats. Add to a small bowl.
- Add the cashew butter, honey, vanilla extract and salt.
- Mix all together, then add the chocolate chips and mix again.
- Grab a spoon and enjoy!